Mears Nurseplus services
Our aim is to help our clients to live as independently as possible, with comfort, consistency, dignity and respect, by providing the right care, at the right time, in the right place.
Our continuing healthcare care packages fall into three main categories:
Hospital to home
Our services provide continued healthcare within the home environment enabling clients to come home to a safe and secure environment. Mears Nurseplus can assist with rehabilitation and recovery as well as delivering longer term care in partnership with a wide range of NHS and Health professionals.
We tailor care packages to ensure our clients’ aspirations are met. We manage changing care requirements and provide comprehensive clinical management to reduce any secondary conditions.
Away from home care
Further education, respite breaks and holidays often require additional specialist care and support to maximise the experience for clients and families. We build a support network around a client, enabling him or her to maximise their experiences as a student or to support shorter breaks away from home.
What services are available?
The Mears Nurseplus team and our partners have the advanced clinical assessment skills and experience to manage a wide range of complex cases.
We can undertake:
- Complete management of tracheostomies and PEGs (feeding tubes) including changeover
- Ventilation, respiratory care, airway and medicine management
- Urethral and supra pubic catheter care
- Stoma care
- Epilepsy and diabetes management
- Chest physiotherapy
- Delivery of therapies such as speech and language and physiotherapy
- We can create care packages within a range of and mix of funding regimes, including insurance funded, direct payments, social / government funded and private payments.
Mears Nurseplus experience
Our experience covers:
- Acquired brain injuries (ABI) and Alcohol related brain injuries (ARBI)
- Spinal injuries from traumatic events
- Self limiting medical conditions
- Complex needs such as latter stages of Dementia
- Congenital conditions
- Cerebral Palsy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Palliative care / end of life care
- Down’s Syndrome
- Brain haemorrhage
Mears Nurseplus was approached by the family of a young adult involved in a road traffic accident. Post accident the client had serious head injuries and a low Glasgow coma score. She required prolonged hospitalisation with critical care prior to rehabilitation and had been waiting three years for a care package which would bring her home.
Within three months of being approached our services enabled her to do that. She now has improved scores, her social life has improved, and once more she is able to take holidays. She is regaining greater independence with the support of her skilled team of staff.