Job reference : 047/15
Please note – a written technical questionnaire will be part of the interview process
To install, service and maintain electrical systems and appliances in domestic and commercial properties to a high quality standard in accordance with the current Edition of Wiring Regulations.
To test, inspect and quality control electrical installation carried out by others.
1. As per the role outlined within the Electricians JD 2012 if required as a working Supervisor.
2. Supervise a team of electricians and apprentices ensuring that work is carried out in accordance with BS7671 & The Electricity at Works Regulations (as amended) and with Mears procedures as published on the IMSP..
3. Where required issue works to electricians as appropriate to their skill level and or supervise electricians as required.
4. Take reasonable care of the Health and Safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
5. Using the Destiny web portal verify electricians inspection & testing results, (where not used verification will be by use of NICEIC approved certification and reports)
6. Carry out Quality Audits on a regular basis as indicated by Compliance or as required.
7. Deliver regular Tool Box Talks of an electrical / SHE nature, either as indicated by Compliance or findings from the audits / certification.
8. Be responsible for the safe keeping of: Electrical Library / Electrical Forms / Electrical Test Kits / Digital Pens / Any other Mears equipment issued to and in use by Mears electricians.
9. Carry out Quality Audits on a regular basis of Electrical Sub Contractors and Desktop Audits on Electrical Certification
Maximum of 15 Operatives, Maximum 50 Sub Contractors, Minimum of 50 Desktop and Installation Audits.
To maximise appropriate use of a just in time stores operation. Responsible for safe guarding equipment, tools and stock. Minimise the financial and environmental impact of waste.
Apart from Team Members the main contacts of this post are Customers / Clients, Contract Leader / Site Manager, Business Centre Staff, Operatives and Regional Support staff.
Undertake routine maintenance and servicing to electrical systems and appliances to the standards required by IET (GN1,3,5,7,8 in particular)
Trace, diagnose and rectify faults using appropriate testing and measuring equipment, ensuring systems and appliances are left in a safe and serviceable condition.
Conduct / Arrange Portable Appliance Tests on all the group office equipment and owned portable appliances as and if required.
Report all faulty appliances / installations that do not comply with current regulations.
Replace sockets, light fittings and other electrical accessories.
Replacement of consumer units.
Rewiring of domestic properties both occupied and void
Install smoke alarms and fans.
Install Shower circuits and shower units
Maintain communal external lighting.
Earthing and protective bonding of installations.
Erect use and dismantle access equipment.
Maintain and replenish vehicle imprest stock. Collection and delivery of materials.
Be prepared to act as a mentor to trainees within the organisation and encourage a learning environment.
Obtain, where requested, Customer feedback on completion of works.
Any other duties as deemed necessary, if these duties are of a greater level of responsibility or skill of those required in the post then full training and appropriate supervision will be provided.
Conduct QC of all electrical works undertaken by both in-house electricians / operatives and contractors as proscribed within Mears IMSP004.
Verification of all inspection and test results, whether the inspection & testing certificates / reports are paper based or electronic created by Mears employees.
Ensure the Mears Plant & Equipment DB is kept up to date with details of all electrical test equipment issued and in use by the electricians under the supervision of the QS. Including the equipment issued to any Mears ‘Maintenance Operatives’.
Ensure that Mears Test Equipment / Digital Pens and Safety Equipment is in good order and regularly inspected.
Be in regular contact with Technical Project Manager and Mears Technical Compliance Team.
Be available for any audit conducted by Compliance / SHEQ / NICEIC.
Be registered as the Qualifying Supervisor for the branch and be available for annual assessments by the NICEIC as proscribed within the rules of enrolment.
Conduct as requested ‘Competence’ assessments as required by Compliance.
Be the first point of contact for any electrical issues, either raised by the client or the electricians on site.
Be able to deliver regular TBT’s to electricians and any other staff on an electrical bias.
KEY HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITY
Co-operating with the employer or any other person in order to ensure that statutory requirements concerning Health and Safety are met.
Not to recklessly or intentionally interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety.
To assist with regular Health and Safety inspections in their own workplace.
Please note: If you have not had a response within 4 weeks from the closing date of this vacancy, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this occasion.
Mears Group is an equal opportunities Company
Mears is a provider of services to many local communities often with a high level of vulnerable persons.
Please send us your application by downloading and completing the application form and then selecting ‘Apply Online’. If you are unable to complete the application form please click ‘Apply Online’ and attach your CV. If you experience any difficulties please email your application to email@example.com.