Mears and Tricomm Housing Ltd; a 25 year partnership
Defence Estates (DE) is responsible for managing the military estate, including accommodation for Service Personnel and their families, on behalf of the Ministry of Defence (MoD). This includes the management of around 50,000 properties, major upgrades and other improvements, providing a comprehensive repair and maintenance service and managing allocation as Service Personnel move in and out of properties.
The stock maintained by Mears includes 317 properties in total which includes homes and communal buildings. The service provided delivers routine, emergency and out of hours repairs and maintenance.
Nature of the Service
- 24/7 365 CAFM Helpdesk service
- Planned preventative maintenance to ensure compliance
- Reactive M&E and fabric works
- Electrical installation condition reports
- Landlords gas safety certification
- Move out condition surveys
- Move in redecoration and refurbishments
- Lifecycle replacements of kitchens, bathrooms, windows, carpets, heating systems
- Landscaping and gardening services for DE properties and communal areas
- Daily security checks on void properties
- Pest control
- Project Works
Flexibility of approach has enabled Mears to meet the specific needs of DE through adapting working practices and developing tailored solutions. This approach is designed to ensure DE benefits from the service by helping to achieve objectives set by the MOD and deliver its main obligation which is to ensure all Personnel receive a high standard of service relating to the quality of their living arrangements.