Mears was appointed to build ‘The Hollies’, a brand new supported housing scheme in partnership with Bolton Council and HB Villages. The 24 one bedroom apartments provides specialist supported living close to amenities, leisure and employment, specifically built for adults with learning disabilities. The scheme allows vulnerable adults to have their own independence in a safe environment that feels like a home; not a care facility.
Opened in 2018 the facility provides personalised care where the Local Authority will assess and design a personal care plan around each individuals needs. It is a thoughtfully designed and innovative scheme, offering a dedicated 24 hour care service alongside full accommodation management. The care service is provided by Bolton Cares who have a dedicated specialist team with experience in managing high input care needs, applying the latest in assistive technology to ensure residents are receiving the care they need in an environment that is both a community and a home.
Planning and Delivery
- Early access to the site was gained to commence an extensive site clearance and remediation of contaminated site including fly tipping.
- Reduced level excavation and forming of retaining structures to suit the new site levels providing a level site for ease of work.
- Design and construction of supported independent living accommodation, including staff and communal areas.
- The two-storey buildings are to be constructed of brick and block, with timber slated roof
- Design team with a wealth of experience are working on a new pumped drainage solution along with S278 alteration works to existing highway.