Job reference : 123/07/2016
To lead, supervise and control the day to day activities on one or more schemes under your control ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget. You will be expected to provide a quality service to quality standards ensuring maximum performance and efficiency whilst meeting clients needs and expectations. You will be expected to achieve or exceed pre set KPI criteria.
- To work closely with the Clients, Planned Works Contracts Manager, Commercial Team, Resident Liaison Officer, Contracts Administrators, Area Neighbourhood Officers and any other relevant body in order to successfully deliver schemes under your control.
- Work closely with the Resident Liaison Team to carry out consultation with tenants regarding choices and checking scope of works to each property prior to commencing work.
- Catalogue evidence of existing property conditions.
- To have a comprehensive and thorough knowledge of working drawings, specifications and trade preambles. Ensure that you are fully familiar with the scheme content and obtain CE’s for all additional works. Ensure that any extras are communicated to the commercial team and that any relevant extensions of time are applied for.
- Advise Sub Contractors on scope of works and ensure that specific site programmes are achieved.
- Hold regular progress meetings for sites under your control and produce weekly reports on progress and performance.
- Ensure Risk Assessments and Method Statements and COSHH Assessments together with safe systems of work are in place before any work commences on site.
- Take responsibility for all Health and Safety matters on your site. This includes all operational staff, customers and visitors to ensure that all sites meet the requirements of Health and Safety legislation.
- Liaise with in house staff, sub contractors and the management team to ensure all projects complete on time.
- Manage sub contractors to ensure they provide a quality service and value for money.
- Have regular dialogue with the commercial team to ensure full recovery of costs and operating profit.
- Ensure that PSTeam and MCM are updated accordingly.
- Read, understand and comply with all relevant SHEQ policies and procedures.
- Prepare evidence of progress to Senior Manager where required.
- Carry out investigations as and when required.
- Ensure a culture of good housekeeping.
- Adopt a right first time attitude.
The primary reporting line is to the Planned Works Contracts Manager, however the job role will include a close working relationship with other Managers, H&S and Technical Compliance Services Managers.
Responsible for ensuring that schemes are delivered on time and to budget. Regular liaison with the commercial department on current performance and an understanding of the commercial position of the schemes is paramount.
Apart from Team Members the main contacts of this post are Customers / Clients and Operatives.
- To develop a positive and constructive department ‘Red Thread’ culture and ensure that it sends the right message of being a professional organisation.
- Explore new working methods and practices and demonstrate a progress change.
- Manage partnered contractors, operatives and supply chain.
- Improve profitability and be able to demonstrate how it has been achieved.
- Drive improvement on the Key Performance Indicators to a level exceeding contract targets.
- Comply with Health & Safety Regulations and work closely with the H&S manager. Ensure that all operatives have the correct PPE.
- Build on working relationship with the client to demonstrate the advantages of partnering.
- Ensure all subcontractors and operatives work in accordance with company procedures, discipline is maintained and reviews and appraisals of operatives and supervisors are completed on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the business complies to all of Mears QA procedures
- Review and resolve weekly all complaints received.
- Champion the Customer Care side of the business
- Report any accidents to Health & Safety Manager immediately.KEY HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITY
- Co-operating with the employer or any other person in order to ensure that statutory requirements concerning Health and Safety are met.
- Not to recklessly or intentionally interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety.
- To assist with regular Health and Safety inspections in their own workplace.
Please note: If you have not had a response within 4 weeks from the closing date of this vacancy, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this occasion.
Mears Group is an equal opportunities Company
Mears is a provider of services to many local communities often with a high level of vulnerable persons.
Please send us your application by downloading and completing the application form and then selecting ‘Apply Online’. If you are unable to complete the application form please click ‘Apply Online’ and attach your CV. If you experience any difficulties please email your application to email@example.com.