HMI Gloucestershire, works in partnership with the County Council and local authorities together with NHS Gloucestershire. We provide a vital service that helps older or vulnerable people and disabled people to remain living in their homes by ensuring they are in good repair and adapted for their needs.
Our services include: information, signposting and practical help with housing repairs, improvements, renovations and adaptations which support independent living at home and small repairs service for minor adaptations to help people to live more safely.
All staff are DBS checked and are salaried and do not earn commission so you will be under no obligation or pressure to use our services.
- advice on housing options and helping you decide which is best for you
- advice and information about grants, benefits and funding for works
- help accessing other local support services
On your behalf we can manage any works carried out in your home, for example drawing up plans, obtaining estimates and liaising with contractors, council grant officers and occupational therapists.
- Minor adaptations: Supplying and fitting grab rails, handrails, bannister rails, ramps
- Minor plumbing, joinery and electrical work
- Small repairs including replacing tap washers, cistern repairs
- Supplying and fitting security equipment and keysafes, replacing broken panes of glass
We will provide quotations free of charge and you are under no obligation to proceed. Our hourly charge is £18 inclusive of VAT but some services may be provided free of charge in certain circumstances.
We offer free visits to your home to discuss your needs; you are under no obligation to proceed with any work discussed. Our services include:
- Technical Officers can provide plans, drawings and a design service
- Obtaining quotations
- Level access showers/wet rooms
- Stairlifts, ramps and steps
- Kitchen design and refits
- Ceiling track hoist installation
- Garage conversions, extensions, replacement windows and doors
- Other work that will help you to continue to live independently at home
This service is designed to enable people to leave hospital, following injury, surgery or illness, by ensuring their home is made fit for purpose for their current or future needs. We liaise with healthcare professionals, such as occupational therapists, where necessary.
- Free visits/advice
- Practical assistance with supplying and fitting equipment to support independent living
- Help with obtaining relevant benefits/grants
- Signposting to other organisations and services that offer support
For further information please phone or email us.
We provide confidential advice on a wide range of issues including:
- Helping you understand the options and choices available to you
- Funding information and assistance
- Information about availability of grants
- Energy efficiency
- Advice on safety and security
- Support and equipment for people with sensory impairments