Mears Learning is the new dedicated training arm of Mears Group.
It aims to increase the skills of colleagues along with creating a range of employment and training opportunities within the communities we serve.
Mears Learning has two training academies in Rotherham and Brentwood – serving both the north and south respectively. This enables us to help reduce the skills shortage in the sector, encourage more women into trades-based employment, remove the stigma attached to apprenticeships while increasing the skills of our own workforce.
We can do this by working with colleagues, clients, communities and our supply chain to offer the following activities:
- Apprenticeship training
- Study programmes for 16-19 year-olds, not currently in education, employment or training (NEET)
- Various taster courses on trades-based skills
- Tradespersons up-skilling courses (all building trades)
- Specialist training for gas engineers and electricians
- Health and safety training
- Induction programmes
- Building fabric and components awareness
- Leadership and management development