Frequently Asked Questions - Landlords

Why do I need my property managed by Mears Housing Management?

Becoming a landlord can seem quite simple. However, there are currently over 20 different regulations, acts and rules relating to letting a property. By working with us to manage your property, you can rest assured that your property will meet all requirements and enjoy a secure tenancy.

Who is responsible for utility bills while my property is tenanted?

The tenant becomes responsible for utility bills and council tax while the property is let.

What services can you offer me?

  • Preparation of tenancy agreements, schedule of conditions and inventory
  • A formal handover and handback procedure
  • Rent collection
  • Regular property inspections
  • Provision of Gas Safety and Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)
  • Property maintenance management
  • And much more

Contact Us

What is an EPC?

An Energy Performance Certificate is required by law for all rented properties. The certificate determines how much energy the property uses and whether it is energy efficient.

I would like my property back. What should I do?

To take back possession of your property, we ask that you contact us directly and speak with our Landlord Services team. Our team will then serve the tenants residing in the properties with the relevant notices, as outlined in their tenancy agreements.