The website is designed to follow the accessibility guidelines issued by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
We aim to meet the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 in all parts of the website.
We have made every effort to ensure this web site is easily readable using plain English. We carry out regular research with our customers and all our publishers attend training to present content in an easy to read format.
The text size for this site can be changed using your browser.
- Internet Explorer: Select the "View" menu, then "Text size"
- FireFox: Select the "View" menu, then "Zoom" or "Zoom text only"
- Safari: Select the "View" menu, then "Make text bigger" or "Make text smaller"
- Opera: Select the "View" menu, then "Zoom"
- Chrome: Select the "More settings" menu, then under "Appearance" use the arrows next to "Page zoom"
Recite Me web accessibility and language toolbar
Recite Me is innovative cloud-based software that lets visitors to our website view and use it in the way that works best for them.
We have added the Recite Me web accessibility and language toolbar to our website to make it accessible and inclusive for as many people as possible.
It helps the one in five people in the UK who have a disability, including those with common conditions like sight loss and dyslexia, to access this website in the way that suits them best.
It also meets the needs of the one in ten people in the UK who don’t speak English as their first language, by being able to translate our web content into over 100 different languages.
How do I access the Recite Me toolbar?
You can open the Recite Me language and accessibility toolbar by clicking on the round navy blue icon.
This button showing a person inside a round circle now appears in the bottom right hand corner of every page of our website.
After you click on the button the Recite Me toolbar opens and displays a range of different options for customising how the website looks and how you can access the content.
How does Recite Me help me access this website?
Recite Me helps people to access our website to do the things they need to do, like find information about how to access our service by making complaints, access publications and read news.
The Recite Me toolbar has a unique range of functions. You can use it to:
- Have the text on our website read aloud (including PDFs)
- Download the text as an MP3 file to play it where and when it suits you
- Change font sizes and colours
- Customise background colour
- Translate text into more than 100 different languages
- Access a fully integrated dictionary and thesaurus
You can find out more about how Recite Me works from the Recite Me user guide.
Can I get support with Recite Me?
If you have any questions about Recite Me you can contact us by email at email@example.com or call us on +44 191 432 8092