English and language Classes
Life coaching and integration workshops
Eco, food, and waste management education
Befriending events for isolated service users
Tea/Coffee events for over 50's
Arts and Crafts Sessions
Inclusive homework support for school aged children.
Mears wants to be the best possible partner for the Scottish Government, local councils, for people who live or work in any of our branches and communities we operate in. Following wide consultation, we have developed our responsible business recommendations based on the feedback from our partners and stakeholders across Scotland.
Mears Group is launching its first-ever Scottish Responsible Business Charter for consultation after evidencing alignment with multiple benchmarks.
The Charter is a values-led partnership between Government and business based on boosting productivity and competitiveness through fairness, equality and sustainable employment.
Mears aims to be regarded as Scotland's most trusted and respected provider of housing with care solutions and we want to make sure we get our business pledges right.
Our charter commitments include:
- Paying the Scottish Living Wage, and include fair work principles in our operations
- Having resident and tenant representation as part of our scrutiny arrangements and service design
- Improving the Environmental, Social, Governance and economic wellbeing of the area in which Mears operates
- Paying small businesses on time
- Making it simple, straightforward and easy for local SMEs, social enterprises and supported businesses to access supply chains opportunities
- Making firm and achievable commitments to support Scotland’s target of Net-zero emissions by 2045
- Having a social responsibility to pass on skills to local communities
- Being transparent in our financial and business reporting
- Working harder to address equality and diversity and submitting to an independent audit of all policies and procedures to enable fair access for all
- Having a balanced board
You can find the full copy of our Scottish Business Charter here