Mears Group, the country’s leading partner in housing and care is pleased to announce a 10 year contract with Longhurst Group delivering gas breakdown, gas servicing and gas installations to both domestic and commercial premises.
Longhurst Group own and manage over 22,500 homes, and balance great customer service and value-for-money to provide a range of quality services for customers across the Midlands and the East of England.
The contract, worth over £46 million over 10 years will include:
- Completion and provision of all servicing and safety certification including Landlord Safety Records (LSRs) for domestic systems
- Servicing, maintenance and repair including provision of LSRs for commercial heating systems
- Responsive repairs to hot water system, and heating system breakdowns for domestic and commercial
- Reconnection of gas supplies to empty/void properties and associated testing within 24 hours.
- Servicing, repairs and testing on various types of heating systems and appliances
- Boiler replacements as and when required or as part of a planned programme
Colin Middlemas, Chief Operating Officer of Mears Housing commented:
“This deal with one of the largest housing providers in the Midlands and East of England is the start of what will be a fantastic partnership. Combining Mears’ 30 year experience delivering housing services to local authorities and housing associations; and Longhurst Group’s vision to improve the lives of all tenants, we know we can deliver the best for all of our customers.”
Mark Rogers, Director of Assets and Property Services at Longhurst Group, added:
“We are delighted to have appointed Mears Limited as our new group-wide gas contractor.
“Mears are closely aligned to our vision to improve the lives of our customers and, throughout the tender process, demonstrated a clear understanding of our Group’s values, while also scoring highly for value for money.
“The new contract, which will start in July and is up to 10 years, covers all our heating repairs, servicing and new installations. The new service will be focussed on our customers and responsive to their varying needs.
“We are looking forward to working with Mears and, through our new partnership, are committed to providing added value, such as apprenticeships, training, work experience placements and other projects that support the communities we serve.”