Your Voice - Mears Customer Scrutiny Board
Mears is creating a new an independently chaired Scrutiny Board made up of customers representatives from around the UK to scrutinise, support and hold Mears to account as they seek raise service standards for all customers.
The Board will report into the Mears PLC Board and work closely with their new Customer Champions Forum and Online Customer Network. It will meet quarterly and produce an independent annual report.
If you are thinking of applying, you need to:
- Have current experience of living in home provided by Mears or where Mears provides services such as repairs
- Be interested in improving customer experience and influencing Mears business delivery
- Have a curious mind, be willing to ask relevant and productive questions. Previous tenant involvement experience is not required but tell us if you have any.
- Be able to consider evidence and explore issues including and beyond your own experience
- Be willing to work as part of the Board to make recommendations aimed at improving customer service
All customer representatives will be offered renumeration up to the value of £1000 a year plus expenses, including for care costs or loss of earnings. Induction, training and development support will also be available.
There are circumstances in which an individual may not apply. They include:
- Persons who are not resident in England.
- Persons who are under 16.
- Persons who are employed by Mears.
- If you have any business or personal interests that might be relevant to the work of Mears and which, if not declared, could lead to a real or perceived conflict of interest were you to be appointed.
If you wish to discuss any of the above, please contact [email protected]
How to apply
We want to make this as easy as possible, if you are interested please send us an email (or a letter, details below) – which tells us:
- Who you are? Please tell us all about you – who you are, where you live, including a summary of your experience as a tenant or residents in a home supported by Mears.
- Why you would like to be part of the Panel?
- What skills and experience you think you would bring to the Panel?
- Any other information you feel we should be aware of that would help your application?
- How to reach you? We need your contact details including your full name, addresses, contact number, and email if you have one. If you know the name of your housing association or council providers, please tell us.
Please limit your information to two pages, and type or write clearly in black ink.
Please send your application to [email protected] to arrive no later than 5pm on 17th December. Or post to:
Mears and CfPS arecommitted to the principles of equality both in the application process and in terms of appointment. As far as possible we have designed this application process to be accessible to people with different needs and characteristics, but if you feel that you have characteristics which will require specific consideration or reasonable adjustments as part of the application, interview and selection process then please let us know.
The Selection Process
CfPS will deal with your application as quickly as possible, after the closing date for applications:
- Your application will be reviewed based on who best meets the criteria and the need to have a diverse range of experience and views at the table.
- If you are shortlisted, we will arrange a telephone or a meeting with you between [add in dates]. More details will be provided at this point.
- If you are unavailable in that period or require alternative arrangements, these can be discussed with you.
For further information regarding the role and selection process, please contact:
If you are not completely satisfied
CfPS will aim to process all applications as quickly as possible and to treat all applicants with courtesy. If you have any complaints about the way your application has been handled please contact: [email protected]
How we will manage your personal information
Please click this link to read about how we will manage your data: