The awards hosted by Reward Gateway celebrate companies that are leading the way in employee engagement and those working to make the world a better place to work.
Mears was recognised as finalists in the categories of:
- Best reward and recognition strategy
- Best benefits launch/relaunch
- Engagement Team of the Year
Mears recently relaunched its internal communications strategy to deliver a digital communications platform that would connect its entire workforce and achieve a genuine two-way communication within the organisation.
Since launching the new platform, Mears has seen engagement with frontline workers rocket from 10%to over 60%. Overall, we now count 83% of our entire workforce as active users on the platform and continues to increase each month.
Mears also saw an increase in the uptake of our rewards and discounts in a short space of time and colleague engagement has been phenomenal with glowing feedback from colleagues across the board.
- Colleagues spent a staggering £808,000 through the platform, saving a total of £88,000.
- The employee recognition programme has grown exponentially
- Mears now has an exciting way to incentivise colleagues beyond pay, supporting their financial wellbeing.
- On average, more than 50 Mears Amazing Awards and 100 e-Cards are sent to and between colleagues each month.
- The relaunch has saved Mears at least £85k in costs.
Mears Group Director of Marketing Communications and Customer Success, Gary Jackson, said:
“We are absolutely delighted to be recognised for our efforts to keep colleagues connected and engaged especially considering the challenges of the pandemic.
“We made extra efforts to ensure that all frontline colleagues including operatives and careworkers understand how best to use the platform to enable genuine two-way conversations within the business.
We are proud to have successfully created a platform for our people – they own it. It has made sure that every colleague at Mears has a voice – and that Mears listens.
From everyone at Mears, we would like to congratulate the team and wish them the very best forthe awards ceremony on November 4th.