Reporting to the Mears PLC Board, the Scrutiny Board works closely with the Customer Champions Forum and Online Network for evidence and insight into the issues it is investigating.
The Scrutiny Board is independently chaired. It is supported and its independence validated by the Centre for Public Scrutiny.
The board is made up of seven customer representatives who will represent:
- The Repairs and Maintenance (social housing) and Housing Management parts of the business
- The main regions that Mears works in and the diverse demographic, social and ethnic groups that make-up the Mears customer base
Senior representatives from Mears also attend including a PLC Non-exec director, senior customer involvement lead, senior operational lead.
If you are thinking of applying, you need to:
- Have current experience of living in home provided by Mears or where Mears provides services such as repairs
- Be interested in improving customer experience and influencing Mears business delivery
- Be able to access the internet regularly to respond to questionnaires and give feedback on all sorts of issues that affect social housing residents
All members of the YourVoice Online Community who respond to a question or survey within each calendar quarter (starting in March 2020) will go into a prize draw to win £100 of High Street vouchers.
There are circumstances in which an individual may not apply. They include:
- Persons who are not resident in England
- Persons who are under 16
- Persons who are employed by Mears
- If you have any business or personal interests that might be relevant to the work of Mears and which, if not declared, could lead to a real or perceived conflict of interest were you to be appointed
If you wish to discuss any of the above, please email Jessica.email@example.com
How to apply
We want to make this as easy as possible, so if you want to join simply click the button below and fill out the form.