Working with vulnerable tenants, Shepway
One of the main aims of the Shepway Branch is to continually improve its customer service and we have identified, through consultation with East Kent Housing and from feedback from our customers, that we could improve the way in which we work with vulnerable tenants.
We often have to carry out works, such as disabled adaptations or extensive plastering or renovation works, which can be lengthy and potentially unsettling for some of our residents and it is our aim to try and minimise the disruption.
We have talked to members of the Shepway Tenants and Leaseholders Board (STLB) for their ideas and to our operatives about their experiences, discussing how we can address some of the issues that concern our more vulnerable tenants and we are working with East Kent Housing to improve our overall service from the point at which the need for work is required to completion.
Action we have taken to date is:
- Attending the Sheltered Forum
- Produced a process for handling works (for EKH consideration)
- Customer care induction (June 15) included introduction to schemes
- Toolbox talk with operatives regarding issues facing vulnerable tenants and what we can do to address them.
- Meeting with STLB members to review TBT and discuss future actions
As part of this overall initiative local Customer Care Officer Sharon will be trained as a ‘Dementia Champion’ and we will roll out the Alzheimers Society Dementia Friends training to our operatives and to any residents who would like to gain a greater understanding of the condition.
If you have any views or ideas about any of these issues please contact Sharon Blackwell on 01303 247930.