Alpha Highland Schools Ltd
Mears and Alpha Highland Schools; education at the heart of the community
Mears provide a Total FM service to 11 schools; 6 Primary schools and 5 Academy schools across a wide geographic area of the Scottish Highlands inclusive of a special needs school containing complex assets.
We work closely with Alpha Ltd and the Highland Council to ensure we provide a comprehensive FM service that delivers on compliance, quality and best value.
The Contract documentation deliberately uses the term New Project Facility to describe each individual site as the sites are not only schools but contain public libraries, swimming pools, leisure centres, community centres, arts centres, sports hubs, adult education centres and offices.
Nature of the Service
- 24/7 365 CAFM Helpdesk service
- Planned preventative maintenance to ensure compliance
- Reactive M&E and fabric works
- Swimming pool maintenance
- Lifecycle and asset management
- Subcontractor management
- Room bookings / space management
- Grounds maintenance
- Waste management
- L8 water management services
- Project works
- Security, access and regress
- Energy management and utilities supplies
Mears directly employ school based teams alongside skilled mobile operatives who undergo a continuous and extensive programme of training packages to allow for a greater level of self-performing operations. This has resulted in a reduction in lead-in times for repairs and improved customer satisfaction.