Oxfordshire County Council Home Improvement Agency
Mears and Oxfordshire County Council; Home Improvement
The aim of the Service is to enable those Oxfordshire Residents in need of support to maintain their independence, health and well- being at home for the foreseeable future.
This aim is achieved through the repair, adaptation and improvement of Residents’ homes, so that the person is able to remain in their own home in a safe, secure and accessible environment.
Activities provided under this Contract include: the facilitation of adaptation; repairs, maintenance services, preventative initiatives; providing information and advice on accessing adaptations privately; as required including support for funding options; signpost or refer to appropriate community based services.
Nature of the Service
- Provide information and advice
- Co-ordination, supervision and support of works
- Home safety assessment, falls reduction, and hospital discharges
- Providing minor adaptations
- Facilitation of major adaptations (Disabled Facilities Grants)
- Providing handyperson and maintenance property services
- Maintaining and repairing (including emergency breakdown) of stair lifts, step lifts and through floor lifts.
In addition to the contracted work, additional schemes have been set up over the years that run alongside the HIA contract.
- Keysafe installations
- Smoke Detectors
- Community Safety Partnerships
- Hoarding Action Group