We offer a dedicated live-in care service across the whole of the UK. If you would like information on pricing and availability please get in touch with our live-in care team direct on 0800 121 6525.
Confidence and peace of mind
Live-in care and companionship is ideal if you or a loved one needs more intensive support and care but wish to remain in the comfort of your own home.
You will receive completely tailored, one-to-one attention day and night from your support worker, who lives with you. Our live-in and 24-hour care services can include any combination of our housekeeping and personal care services and can be entirely tailored to your – or your loved one’s – needs.
The flexible way to make the most of your life in your own home
As we get older we may need a little extra help to live life as we would like to. Our loved ones also need reassurance that we are getting the help we need to be safe and happy when they can’t be with us.
The right kind of help can make all the difference to you or a loved one, enabling you all to enjoy greater independence as well as more quality time with the people you love.
Services tailored to your needs
Our live-in and 24-hour services include – but aren’t limited to – the following:
- Help around the home: We can help with general everyday cleaning tasks, including dusting, vacuuming, changing beds and doing laundry.
- Meal preparation: We’ll shop for groceries, plan nutritious meals and help with meal preparation – even support your loved one with eating.
- Housekeeping and home management: This can include helping to prepare the home ready for guests, running errands and managing bill payments.
- Personal care: Your support worker will assist with dressing, undressing, washing and bathing, grooming and continence care.
- Companionship: This service includes support with hobbies and interests, scheduling appointments and social activities and encouraging contact with friends and family.
- Lifestyle support: We can accompany your loved one to medical appointments, on social visits or simply go for a walk with them
Why choose live-in care from Mears?
- It’s fully flexible, so you can use it for as long or as short a period as you wish. We just ask that you give us four weeks’ notice if you wish to stop.
- It’s useful to give you some respite time, if you care for a loved one and need a break, including going on a short break or holiday.
- It provides the peace of mind of always knowing there is someone to call on – ensuring safety and security.
- It’s a real alternative to moving into a care or residential home. It’s often less costly too and avoids the disruption of moving and selling a property.
Shouldering the responsibility for you
We take full responsibility of employing your live-in carer on your behalf. We recruit them, do all their employment checks, pay them, organise cover if they’re ill, train them and insure them. All you have to do is enjoy the benefits of having a live-in carer look after you in the comfort of your own home.
Next steps for live-in and 24-hour care
For a full list of the services we offer within live-in and 24-hour care download our Live-in Care and Companionship Brochure.
You can talk to one of our friendly team on 0800 121 6525.