MearsGroup’s approach to Sustainability (ESG) is built upon reducing emissions, improving people’s lives, and creating value through robust, ethical, and transparent business practices. It demonstrates a clear ambition to be considered as the most socially responsible business in our sector.
Mears recognises that climate change is both a business risk and opportunity and that we have a responsibility as an ethical service provider to measure, monitor and reduce our carbon footprint.
Mears has a declared target to achieve:
▪ Net Zero Carbon across our operations by2030
▪ Net Zero Carbon across our wider value chain by 2045
A Net Zero Carbon Strategy & Science Based Transition Plan is in development and will be completed during 2022 alongside verification of Mears 2021footprint. This exercise includes an assessment of our organisational boundary, scope and data collection and reporting processes.
Mears has adopted the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs) and is currently developing a Net Zero Carbon Strategy and a Science-Based TransitionPlan to achieve our commitments.
This includes expected targets on:
▪ Transitioning the Mears fleet of c3200vehicles to EV by 2030
▪ Utilising 100% renewable energy withinMears Group PLC
▪ Achieving a Zero Waste Index score of 1.5degrees Celsius by 2030
▪ Increasing Mears recycling rate year on year from a baseline of 90% of all waste generated or secured from properties
Mears will be joining the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) and CarbonDisclosure Project in the future. Our targets and approach will be refined following completion of the Strategy in 2022. This will include a comprehensive approach to climate change adaptation through altering our behaviour, systems, and operating processes to protect our environment in which we live from the impacts of climate change.