The Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund is the first tranche of funding from central Government via the Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) over the next 10 years to improve the energy performance of social rented homes on the journey to achieve net zero by 2050 in England. The purpose of the SHDF is to raise the energy performance certificate (EPC) rating of social homes to a minimum of EPCBand C by taking a ‘worst first, fabric first’ approach to result in the following outcomes:
Mears have a clear ambition, working with our clients to become the sector leading provider of carbon reduction solutionsin social housing sector.
Our approach and focus to achieve this in collaboration with our clients has a clear focus on:
· Help our clients measure their carbon emissions and retrofit solutions to deliver carbon savings.
· Embed a resident first approach to the decarbonisation of homes (Data > Define > Design > Deliver >Declare)
· Use asset data to help access the limited financial resources currently available AND leverage funding as it becomes available
· Green Skills: Support to green our people through educating and supporting colleagues, customers, and communities–inform, educate and inspire
· Social Value: Embed Social Value in service delivery to leave a lasting Sustainable Legacy